Step 1 - Register in ServiceNow
- Goto System OAuth → Application Register
- Click New
- Fill in the details needed to update ServiceNow data. (our example uses Global scope)
- Enter the Redirect URL, this is the URL that is the Callback URL specified on the OAuth Authentication in iHUB.
- In our example, we generated a Client Secret
Step 2 - Create Authentication in iHUB
- In iHUB create a new OAuth 2 authentication
- Use the Client ID and Client Secret from the ServiceNow registration in Step 1.
- Add the instance URL with the following path param.
Step 3 - Authorize the apps to talk to each other
- Click Authorize when all data is entered.
- Do the OAuth dance, where you will be redirected to a consent form, click Allow.
Step 4 - Create iHUB REST Action to call ServiceNow
- Create a new Action in iHUB
- Select POST method and enter the URL <instance-url>/api/now/v1/table/incident
- Content-Type: application/json
Click Triggers and select the event, cron or leave blank if you plan to use Post Function.
- In this example, we will use Issue Create Event
Step 5 - Test our integration and view result
- Test the integration by creating an issue in the project that the iHUB action is triggered by
On the issue, you can view the Integration result or view it from the Action Log.
View result in iHUB Execution log
Click View to see more details, such as the INC number.
Step 6 - View result in ServiceNow
- Goto Incidents in ServiceNow
- Search for the INC number that the log displayed.
Click to view the Incident
In our example we used the default encoding which is UTF-8, other encodings are supported as well.